“As mechanical engineer you will help the body to heal itself”
Drawing on 15 years of experience, Vivolta has broken new ground in the future of medicine. We have the ambition to professionalize the production of biodegradable implants by developing the MediSpin®, the world’s first automated mass production platform for electrospinning. Knowledge sharing, commitment, and a strong team spirit, all combined in a shared vision and mission are crucial for success. To realize our ambition in the coming years, Vivolta is currently growing from the current 16 employees to almost double in the run-up to 2024.
What is electrospinning?
The goal of electrospinning is to create structures of long polymer fibers from nano- to micrometers in diameter. The polymer is spun from a solvent into a long fiber by means of a high voltage. The structures created are used for innovative medical applications such as stents, artificial veins, heart valves, “tissue engineering”, but also applications for wound healing, targeted drug delivery and regenerative medicine. A special feature is the imitation of the natural environment of cells, which minimizes rejection phenomena and scar tissue formation. These implants also have the special property of allowing the human body to repair itself, because the biodegradable implant is replaced by the body’s own cells!
What will you get to do in this challenging position?
Vivolta uses in-house developed knowledge, tooling, and production machines for electrospinning. As a Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for:
- Developing, further developing, and detailing these complex machines and applications.
- Setting up concept designs and associated prototyping to validate your ideas.
- Providing technical support on a mechanical level to your colleagues, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring accurate documentation and reporting is of course of the utmost importance and will be one of your responsibilities.
- Fulfilling a crucial part of the engineering team for the development of the mechanical architecture for customer-specific solutions and new platforms to be developed.
- A close collaboration with other disciplines such as mechatronics, software, measurement and control technology, biology, chemistry, materials science, and physics.
What do we hope you will bring to the table?
To be able to properly fulfill this role, you recognize yourself in the following profile: you are a down-to-earth person who likes to be involved in a groundbreaking product where you can make a positive impact on people’s lives. You are a proactive person who likes to think along and discuss and spar with colleagues. You like to give and receive feedback with the goal to move forward together. You are eager to learn more about our technology and potential so you can grow in your responsibilities. You get fulfillment from working in a “High Precision” special machine building environment. The machines are, logically, not aimed at great forces or fast movements, but at precision, suppleness, and ingenuity. You will be dealing with micrometers, physical processes, sterilizable heat exchangers and climate control units that you have not seen before. And the best thing, you often start working on a new concept from a blank sheet.
- A completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or similar.
- +/- 5 years of relevant and demonstrable work experience, preferably in a high-tech machine building environment.
- You are familiar with Inventor and/or Solidworks
- Extensive knowledge and experience in producing production drawings and BOM lists.
- A strong affinity with setting up concepts, specifications, Design for Assembly (DFA) and Value Engineering.
- A practical approach to assembling prototypes and sub-assemblies and the practical hobbies that support this.
- Experience within the medical industry / cleanroom environment is considered an advantage.
- Broad knowledge of plastics and it’s properties is considered a strong advantage.
- An excellent command of the English language in word and writing (Dutch is an advantage).
- You are available 32 to 40 hours a week.
What does Vivolta offer?
A very varied job within a high-tech, innovative company in which you can work on revolutionary projects every day. In addition, it is a company that is constantly developing and with enormous potential. Vivolta is an informal company that pays attention to its employees, individual wishes, and team spirit. You get the space to develop yourself in a project-based environment. We also offer:
- Projects with both short (minimum one week) and longer (minimum 1 year) lead times. You find or seem interesting this variation between fast short-term projects and long-term development projects.
- Good secondary working conditions such as a pension plan and at least 26 vacation days and 5 ATV days (reduction of working hours)
- Flexible working hours (start between 8.00 and 10.00).
- Working from home is an option for about 20% to 25% of the time, because sparring often takes place together at the office. And what else do you use your “company bicycle” for!
- Development opportunities through training and/or courses.
- A professional working environment with excellent equipment, passionate colleagues with a great deal of knowledge and a mentality in which teamwork, knowledge transfer and room for own initiative are the order of the day.
- Various team building activities during the year focused on personal and team development, with great value being attached to good cooperation within the team.
- The intention is to enter a long-term relationship.
- There is also a SAR scheme (Stock Appreciation Rights) in place.
Do you want more information?
If you have any content or technical questions, please contact Ivo Munsters who will guide the recruitment process via 06-15674880 or contact Bart van Tetrode via 040-2827956. If you are interested in working with Vivolta, feel free to send us your application letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position will strengthen the core team of Vivolta via direct employment.
Vivolta is not a recognized sponsor for visa sponsorship and therefore we are not eligible to hire outside of the EU or people without an EU passport.